I first turned to blogs as a cost-effective way to market my business back in late 2007.
And after managing more than a dozen blogs at the moment (both my own and for clients), coming up with easy blog posting ideas and tips over the years has become much more than a time-management necessity.
It is the KEY to my online success.
That’s because you don’t write a blog post for the sake of writing a blog post.
No doubt the end result you have in mind for all this effort is to:
- grow your business
- make money online
- market your products and services to grow your revenue
How to Write a Blog Post
Probably the single biggest hurdle you have to overcome when it comes to blog marketing is writing effective blog posts.
And I know a thing or two about this because I’ve been writing posts for nearly 4 years — both for my own sites and especially for clients. And even after some coaching an numerous tips writing effectively remains a challenge for most.
After all, you need people to FIND you, READ your information, and TAKE ACTION.
To help you with #2 and #3, here are 10 super-simple tips you can implement right away, starting today:
- optimal length = 250 to 400 words
- always use an introduction of 2 – 4 sentences to set up the article
- focus on ONE point
- inject some personality — keep it “real” with a conversational style
- write TO a person, not FOR an audience
- make sure you link to AT LEAST ONE action page
- ask your reader to do SOMETHING — always use a strong “call to action”
- avoid technical language/jargon — unless your audience “gets it”
- follow the rule of: “you/your/yours” at least twice as much as “i/we/mine”
- avoid conditional language, such as “if” – “perhaps” – “maybe”, etc.
My recommendation is you print this out and keep it near your desk as a handy reference (you can download the PDF for your How to Write a Blog Post checklist by clicking the link).
And every time you get ready to write a blog post review the checklist to help you stay on track.
Does that make sense?
Schedule your website review today
Since early 2008 I have worked with dozens of clients and helped them get more than they thought possible from their websites. And I know I can do the same for you…
There are three ways to schedule your FREE website audit:
- call 888-542-2936 and leave a voice message, including your name and URL, or…
- send an email to: email@example.com,
- or click the link and complete a short webform.
Online success starts by taking the first step…
In working with clients I have been able to diagnose problems, road-blocks, issues and oversights that have prevented business owners like you from achieving their goals. To discover how I can improve your current web-marketing efforts to generate MEASURABLE results for you let me review your website, and then we can set up a time to discuss my analysis by phone.