Is your website “sticky?”
In other words, when visitors finally FIND your website is it compelling enough that they choose to “stick around” and discover more information about you and your insurance agency?
If you don’t know what I’m talking about, or you’re not sure IF or HOW it applies to you, then you’ve got problems.
That’s because there are a number of factors why people, even after they finally find you online, leave almost immediately.
After all, another website is always just a CLICK away.
The truth about search psychology
Picture for a moment that you are searching for something online:
- you type in a keyword
- you scan the search results for the “best fit”
- you click the link and visit a site
How long does all this take?
A couple of seconds at most, right?
Now, YOU know what you do for people, the value you provide your clients by helping them protect their assets and financial situation. But the guy or gal who finds you online is only a couple of seconds into the process at this point when they finally get to your website.
They don’t know you from Adam – and frankly have no idea HOW or WHY your agency is any different from the dozens (or hundreds) of others seemingly just like yours.
As you can imagine this presents you with a challenge, because you only have a couple of seconds (at most) to grab their attention and get them to stay on your insurance website long enough to possibly get to know you, learn a about you, and possibly become a prospect by calling the office or filling out a web-form.
Insurance agency marketing by the numbers…
Do you have Google Analytics installed on your site?
If so that’s a good start.
After all, the data collected day in and day out about the visitors to your site, how they found you, where they came from, how long they stayed on your site and other vital information is critically important for improving your results.
Now, have you reviewed the data?
And if so, did the information you found (i.e. bounce rate, etc.) make any sense to you, especially when compared to your existing website in order to uncover reasons why it might be underperforming for you?
When you get right down to it the only way your site is going to convert total strangers into prospects that you can personally follow up with is by:
- targeting the right keywords
- having a “sticky” website
- providing enough information to educate, inform and showcase expertise
- making it easy for them to FIND your contact information
- giving them a compelling reason to do so
That’s the essence of insurance agency marketing in a nutshell.
21 design flaws that sabotage your online success
I promised to show you a quick checklist of 21 serious web design flaws that undermine your online success.
In no particular order here is a list of factors that can prevent your site from doing the job you want (and need) it to DO for you:
- site loads too slow
- looks outdated
- looks unprofessional
- no “personal” touch — i.e. to “corporate looking”
- too “busy”
- template or “canned” site
- brochure type site – no engagement/interaction
- looks like every other site
- font too small to read
- poor use of images – none or mismatched
- poor use of “sidebars”
- lacks conversational tone – i.e. use of third person or “corporate speak”
- no social media engagement
- no blog/updated articles
- no product specific pages
- meta data missing
- no “about” page
- hard to find your contact information
- poor use of contact page/form
- no contact information “above the fold”
- no “call to action”
How well does your existing site measure up when compared with this list?
Do you know?
Do you want to know?
Remember, for every web design problem there IS a solution. And the first step to getting better results starts with…
Schedule your website review today
Since early 2008 I have worked with dozens of clients and helped them get more than they thought possible from their websites. And I know I can do the same for you…
There are three ways to schedule your FREE website audit:
- call 888-542-2936 and leave a voice message, including your name and URL, or…
- send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- or click the link and complete a short webform.
Online success starts by taking the first step…
In working with clients I have been able to diagnose problems, road-blocks, issues and oversights that have prevented business owners like you from achieving their goals. To discover how I can improve your current web-marketing efforts to generate MEASURABLE results for you let me review your website, and then we can set up a time to discuss my analysis by phone.