Recently a client asked me why my SEO packages (beyond the basic plan) include articles as part of the program.
It’s a fair question.
After spending about half an hour on the phone with him outlining the reasons why an effective SEO program should include articles I figured our conversation made for good post.
So there you have it.
10 ways article marketing can work for you
Without any preamble here are my top 10 ways why article marketing is simply THE BEST way to dominate the web for your niche or industry…
Benefits of article marketing
- articles last forever (once posted)
- do the work once and receive the benefits over and over again
- article directories often provide an SEO boost over your existing website
- generate valuable back links to your site
- target the same keyword multiple times
- target multiple keywords that are related to your product or service
- presell your product or service
- create targeted traffic for your site
- allows you to update your existing site on a regular basis
- create an expanding web presence you OWN
There is, however, one caveat…
It’s not enough to simply grab a top spot on Google with your article.
That’s simply a prerequisite.
In fact, just because you have the top spot on Google doesn’t mean that people are clicking on the link to visit your article at all. If your meta-title and meta-description are not “catchy enough” to grab their attention your top listing on the search results page will be overlooked.
How can you know if this applies to you?
If you are targeting a keyword that has a decent amount of search volume each month AND your listing is on the top of page one for that keyword AND your analytics shows that little (or no) traffic is coming to your site from that keyword, then something is wrong.
Additionally, article marketing works – and works VERY WELL – when you know HOW to write for the web.
That’s the key.
And this requires skill to pull off correctly and effectively. Such as…
- using a compelling headline
- having a “hook” or “angle”
- telling a story
- formatting for the web (use white space effectively)
- having a call to action
Because of this, I can absolutely guaran-damn-tee you that most people are doing nothing more than clogging up the Web with articles no one will ever read, much less take action on.
Quite frankly, they are simply wasting their time.
For more information about our article marketing service kindly click the link.
Schedule your website review today
Since early 2008 I have worked with dozens of clients and helped them get more than they thought possible from their websites. And I know I can do the same for you…
There are three ways to schedule your FREE website audit:
- call 888-542-2936 and leave a voice message, including your name and URL, or…
- send an email to: email@example.com,
- or click the link and complete a short webform.
Online success starts by taking the first step…
In working with clients I have been able to diagnose problems, road-blocks, issues and oversights that have prevented business owners like you from achieving their goals. To discover how I can improve your current web-marketing efforts to generate MEASURABLE results for you let me review your website, and then we can set up a time to discuss my analysis by phone.