What is website optimization?
While most companies often confuse the two, the focus of website optimization is to get more visitors to DO SOMETHING once they land on your site.
That means improving your “conversion rates.”
The bottom line?
It’s about generating more leads and/or sales for your business.
How website optimization works
Now, website optimization is successful as long as it results in MORE leads, MORE sales and MORE customers.
So what was the measurable outcome for my clients?
- A 466.87% increase of phone orders in their first month
- The creation of a new product category quickly became their best selling page
- An increase of 100 new customers each month
- Improved conversion rate from 4.8% to 22.3% in 6 months
- A 73% increase in phone and web revenue — after only 9 months
- Increased average dollar per sale from $47 to $70.53 (a 50% increase)
- A revamped sales page that generated an extra $10,696 in annual revenue
The common thread that connects all these different case studies together is:
- Test and measure.
- Analyze the information and make data driven decisions.
This led to recommending, and in some case implementing, a number of improvements, such as:
- website copy
- layout and arrangement of information on the site
- changes to font size, type, text and color
- improved lead capture forms
- simplified check out process
- “widgetizing” product offerings
- new product offerings
- testing various price points and product offerings
- add/change/modify any “calls to action”
The key was to review each site from the perspective of your ideal customer or client in order to determine any possible roadblocks in your online sales process. The goal is to make your site easier to “read” and “navigate” in order to improve your lead flow or sales flow.
A few recent case studies…
Would you like to review one case study for yourself?
Note: we fired them as a client in early March 2012 (rather than take them to court) after they decided to change their agreed upon compensation arrangement (a flat fee + percentage of sales)… I guess we did too good a job for them, improving their phone and web sales by more than $650,000 in 2 short years. They were kind enough to give us a testimonial…
The bottom line is this… your site can convert more traffic into business, provided you identify those areas that need to be fixed, and then make necessary changes to your website.
And that’s where I come in.
For example, before…
Remember, your website is not simply an “online brochure.”
At the end of the day your website represents your business online. In fact, it IS your business online — and when it works properly it becomes an asset to your business, an online system that functions for you 24/7/365.
It’s not about making change for the sake of change. It’s about making your site appeal to the folks who find you online. The goal is to increase leads and sales through your site by improving user experience.
In the case of Hypnosis Albany he now routinely gets 3 to 5 clients per week after I updated his website. Before working with me he was lucky to get 1 to 2 leads per year.
Here’s another recent example for you.
The bottom line is that if you’re website doesn’t look professional, updated or have a “clean” layout you’ll have a hard time converting “visitors” into “leads,” prospects or clients.
Are you ready to start getting
the results you want… and need?
Since early 2008 I have worked with dozens of clients and helped them get more than they thought possible from their websites. And I know I can do the same for you…
There are three ways to schedule your FREE website audit:
- call 888-542-2936 and leave a voice message, including your name and URL, or…
- fill out the webform below, or…
- send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In working with clients I have been able to diagnose problems, road-blocks, issues and oversights that have prevented business owners like you from achieving their goals. To discover how I can improve your current web-marketing efforts to generate MEASURABLE results for you let me review your website, and then we can set up a time to discuss my analysis by phone.
Online success starts by taking the first step…