What is social media management? And how can using it effectively help your local-based business GET more business while safeguarding your reputation online?
Using social media as a tool for your business comes down to a number of interrelated factors that are important to your web presence.
You can easily share information with your “fans” about upcoming events, specials, or discounts. You can share new content posted on your website or blog. You can stay in touch with existing customers or clients. And you can monitor and protect your reputation online (reputation management).
In fact, here are some important facts for you to consider:
- 89 percent of consumers turn to Google, Bing or another search engine to find information on products, services or businesses prior to making purchases
- According to Google “interesting sites will increase their recognition on their own… through social media services“
- Approximately 46% of online users count on social media when making a purchasing decision
- Only 14% of businesses regularly use Facebook, and most don’t know how to use it effectively
Social media, content marketing and SEO
What’s more, Google recently “connected the dots” for you by noting that sites which are actively engaged by creating blog posts and using social media will rank better for local searches:
Aside from getting more traffic to your site, here are some other benefits of using social media for local businesses:
- Allows you to keep your existing customers, clients or patients informed about new products, services, and specials
- Provides you with “social proof”
- Gives your existing customers, clients and patients an EASY way to recommend you to their friends and family
- Reach more people who surf the web by smart phone and tablet without spending big bucks on a “mobile-ready” website
The challenge for most people running a business day in and day out is the time it takes to leverage social medial effectively.
However, there are cost-effective ways for using social media effectively to promote your local business online AND protect your reputation. To discover how a turn-key social media management service can help you get found by more customers searching for you online.